There are several options available when you are designing a view. Click on the arrow icon corresponding to the Options and you can make following settings:
- Public: Check this field to make the view available to all users
- Tag name: Specify the tag name. The tag name is the unique identifier of this view and is used in the Career Centre when placing a view in a page
- Available in the backoffice: Check this box if you want this view to be available in the back office in lists, reports and other places where you need to select a view
- Available in the career centre: Check this box if you want the view to be available in the Career Centre or in places where you select a view to be used in the career centre
- Available as report: Check this box if you want to make this view available as report. If you do not check this option the view will not be available in the reports section
- Display empty fields: Check this box if you want to display the fields that are empty or fields that have no data. If you do not check this option empty fields will be hidden
- This view must always use the latest available data: Check this box if you want to display the latest data in a view. If you check this option the view will never be cached and will always fetch the latest data from the database
- Maximum number of rows: Specify the maximum number of rows that you want to display in a list
- Chart: This check box displays whether the view is a chart. It is only informative as this option cannot be changed after the view has been created
- Available as list / print / dashboard: Check this option if you wish the view to be available as a list, print or dashboard
- Aggregate data even when this report is used as a list (this option will hide checkboxes and disable links): Check this box if you want to aggregate data when the view is being used as a list. For example, while viewing a list of vacancies, you can see the count of vacancies by location and by business units. If you do not check this option, when the view is used as a list check boxes will be added in the first column and the view will no longer aggregate data
- Maximum number of categories in the X axis: Specify the maximum number of categories displayed on the x axis of a chart. This will aggregate smaller values in a single category Other.
Maximum number of series in the Z axis: Specify the maximum number of categories displayed on the z axis of a chart. This will aggregate smaller values in a single category Other.
Not all options are available in all types of view. See also Options for view type