There are many tables that hold data on the platform. Most of the tables can be customized by adding one or more fields. For example, in the CV table you can add new fields such as Emergency contact or Work experience. You can't add fields directly to a table, you first have to create a folder and then add the new fields in that folder.
To add a new field to a table:
- Click on Setup > Application> Tables
- Click on the name of the table to which you want to add a new folder
The table designer appears containing a tree view of the table fields on the left side and a property page on the right side.
- Click on the name of the folder to which you want to add the fields.
- Click on New in the command bar at the top of the tree
- Select the type of field you want to create
- Enter the name of the field
- Click on Save
Once a field is created you cannot change the type of the field. You can use the new field by creating or editing a view in the view designer.