Altamira Recruiting provides a sophisticated export engine that allows administrators to export data to other systems. The engine works in the following way:
- You request a certain set of data to be exported. The data set is defined by the rows and columns that need to be exported. The rows are always determined by you as this is the result of requesting to export a selection of rows in a list. The columns are a view defined in Forms & Views
- The export engine receives the request, runs the query that produces the data to be exported, and produces one or more output files
- The export engine delivers the file using one of the available transport options
There are two features that are integrated with the export engine and they interact in a slightly different way: CVs and Reports.
Exporting from lists
You can export data (CVs, Vacancies, Activities, Projects, etc.) from a list or while viewing an item. For example, you can:
- Request individual item to be exported from a list by clicking the check box in the selection column
- Request all the items in a list to be exported (whether they are the result of a search or all the items) by clicking the check box in the selection column
- Request an item that is being viewed to be exported
When you request items to be exported, you need to choose an export template. The platform has a set of built in export templates that export only those columns that you can see in that particular list view. If the exported data file is greater than 5 MB, you will be notified and you will need to download the data from the platform.
You can create more export templates for a specific view to be used and for a specific delivery mechanism and destination. The ability to create a template that uses a specific view means that you export the data in the right format regardless of the view you were using to display the CVs when you submitted the export job. The transport mechanism is also specified in the template so the administrator decides where the data goes. Consider the following example:
- Your organization has an HRM platform and Altamira Recruiting
- When a user is hired, you want that the user is exported from Altamira Recruiting and is imported into your HRM platform
- The exported data is to be delivered using FTP to a specific host in Microsoft Excel ® format
The process would be implemented as follows:
- A set of fields (i.e. columns) to be transferred is defined
- A new view (see Forms & Views) using the selected columns is created in Altamira Recruiting
- An export template is built that uses the new view for the field selection and specifies FTP and the host as the transport and Microsoft Excel ® as the format
When you hire a candidate in Altamira Recruiting, you submit the candidate for export and select the new export template.
You can export reports after you have executed reports. When exporting reports:
- There is no possibility to specify a selection of rows to be exported: all the data in the report is exported. If you want to export a subset of the data the report must be filtered (see Creating report filters)
- There is no possibility of creating a custom export template, only the built in templates are available
The inability to create custom export templates only limits the selection of the transport. The selection of the view (i.e. what columns to export) is intrinsic to the report.