Easy CV allows organizations to add candidates to the database using email. Easy CV works in the following way:
- candidates send email to an email address that has been configured to forward messages to Altamira Recruiting Easy CV receives the email and processes it. If a suitable attachment is found, a new blank CV form is created in the database and the CV is added to it
- Easy CV sends the candidate an email requesting them to fill in the complete application form directly in the Career Centre. The email contains a username and password to access the data and a link to the form
Forwarding email to Easy CV
You have two options for using Easy CV:
- you can use the platform supplied email address directly
- you can forward email received by a corporate account to the platform supplied address
If you decide to forward email it is important that your mail server be configured to maintain the original sender when forwarding the email. This is usually the case when the forwarding is configured at the mail server.
Easy CV uses the original senders email address to determine if the CV is already in the database. If the email address already has a CV in the database Easy CV will reply to the sender with the username and password required to access the CV again.
The senders email address is not maintained when forwarding an email from an email client (such as Microsoft ®Outlook,, Mozilla Thunderbird or web base email programs). This means that you may not use Easy CV to forward CVs received by recruiters to add them to the database as the senders address is always the address of the recruiter.
Processing the email
Once the message has been received it will be processed by Easy CV:
- If the email does not contain a suitable attachment or the attachment is too large, Easy CV will reply to the sender informing them that the message was not accepted
- If the email address of the sender is already associated with an account, Easy CV will reply with the username and password
- If there is a suitable attachment and the email does not have an account, Easy CV adds the CV to the database. Easy CV replies to the sender inviting them to fill in an application form with an email containing the username and password necessary to access the empty form and the URL to the form
No fields of the application form will be filled in: Easy CV does not attempt to parse the body of the CV or of the message. Only the attachment is uploaded to the database.
Projects and vacancies
Easy CV can automatically put CVs into vacancies or projects when they are processed. To do this, you must use a specific email address.
Configuring Easy CV
Configuring Easy CV involves two steps:
- Determining the email addresses to be used with the service
- Defining email templates that Easy CV uses to communicate with candidates
Determining the email address for Easy CV
To determine the address that Easy CV uses to process emails for your organization:
- Open Company preferences
- Locate the Email address for communication with candidates field
- Use the value of the field to determine the Easy CV address: #email@example.com
Projects and vacancies also have an Easy CV email address. If you get applicants to send their CVs to these addresses. Easy CV will add the CVs to the database and then copy them to the correct project or vacancy. To determine the Easy CV address of a vacancy:
- Edit a vacancy (see Creating and editing a vacancy in the Altamira Recruiting)
- In the Multiposting tab, locate the Easy CV email address for this vacancy field
To determine the Easy CV address of a project:
- Edit a project (see Creating and editing a project in the Altamira Recruiting)
- In the address bar of your browser, locate the parameter UID
- Use the value of the parameter to determine the Easy CV address: #firstname.lastname@example.org
Defining email templates
Email templates for Easy CV work like normal email templates for use with other features of the platform (see Creating and editing email templates) although you can use some additional tags in the body and subject of the email.
Once you have created the email templates, you associate them with the events that Easy CV defines in the same way you manage other events of the platform. See Associating email templates with events.