To add a new field to a table:
- Click on Setup > Tables from the top menu
- Click on the name of the table where you want to add a new field
You can add new fields only to customizable tables as you can see in the list of tables in the Type column. You cannot add fields directly to a table. You need to create a folder to a table and then add new fields to that folder. The table explorer will be displayed containing a tree view on the left hand and a property page on the right hand.
- Click on the name of the folder you would like to add the field to
- Click on the New link in the command bar at the top of the tree
- Select the type of field you would like to create
- Enter the field name
- Click on the Save button
Once you have created a field, it is no longer possible to change the field's type. You must create a new field from scratch.
The form has the following fields:
- Field name: The name of field
- Tag name: The tag name
- Default height in lists: The default height of field in lists
- Default height in forms: The default height of field in form
- Default width in forms: The default width of field in form
- Date type: Select what type of date format, the field accepts such as only date, only time, or date and time both. This option is available only for field of type Date
- Type of file: Select what type of file the field accepts. This option is available only for field of type File
- Hide field: The field will not be displayed to users when they create a new view using the Forms & Views designer
Usable in views/forms of following types: Select the types of form and views in which field is used.
- Back office: This field is only used in the back office
The Back office check box has a significant implication in the way duplicates are managed when a candidate submits a new CV if that is already in the database. When the field is checked then the platform assumes that the value that is more relevant is the value in the database. When a field is not checked the platform assumes that the value the candidates submit for that field is more relevant (i.e. more up to date. For more information see Duplicate CVs in the Altamira Recruiting).
When managing fields of List type, you can manage the elements of the list by clicking the Add items at the bottom of the field form.
You can create the following types of field:
- Text: Can contain a textual value
- Whole number: Can contain a whole number value
- Decimal number: Can contain a decimal number value
- Date/time: Can contain a date and time value
- File: Can contain a file
- List: Can contain a list
- Html: Can contain an HTML text
- Counter: Can contain an auto-incrementing number
The type of field you create determines how the platform displays data when showing the value of the field and validates data when accepting input for the field.
The Hide field allows administrators to hide fields that are no longer in use.
To delete a field
- Click on the field name
- Click on Delete
- Click on the Delete link in the command bar at the top of the tree